Saturday, December 10, 2011

CATCHING UP

while in Portland Rebecca Welti & I visited Tom at Egg Press which recently moved to this cool building

This is the entrance, I want that door!

Tom showing Rebecca how this old press works

I found this panoramic view option on my camera. the Salmon River estuary and spit, yesterday, full sun, i was barefoot!

another panoramic, the estuary, to the left is 3 rocks and the mouth of the river, turbulent, seals forage here.
Cascade Head juts straight up

I am working in the Boyden studio on some River Teeth pieces. the "tooth" is bundled, painted, waxed and inserted in a recessed niche. there are two on the wall behind me in various stages of finish. on the left is the piece already on the blog, RIVERAIN SPIRITS, 30" x 30" x 3", to the right is RIVER TOOTH ONE, 36" x 36" x 3". the great news is that Ted and Judith Schlichting of ROWBOAT Gallery have invited me to exhibit with Tom and Fred as a family this June 2012, featuring my work from the residency. we are talking about Sitka co-sponsoring the event. (tentative at this point) this is very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment